GOES WITHOUT SAYING, SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Ok, hopefully anyone who hasn't finished the book isn't reading right now. :) Not sure how many of you have read the Hunger Games series, but they are favorites of mine. I'm pretty sure I finished each book within a matter of days - definite page turners!
So, my thoughts:
- First off, I didn't cry until the end. It took me a few pages to remember what went down in the last book - and then i remembered what a crappy situation Katniss was in. Could you imagine having to be the face of a revolution at 17 years old? After every crazy thing you've been through? I felt really sorry for her in the beginning.
- I never was Team Peeta or Team Gale...you knew Peeta loved Katniss, but i felt like she was never sure if she loved him back. And I always felt she just had a "crush" on Gale - and that Gale was just jealous of Peeta.
- That being said, i loved the "twist" with Peeta - how he was brainwashed to believe Katniss was evil. It was really touching once he finally came around & they played the "Real or not real?" game. I think i kinda jumped on the Team Peeta bandwagon then.
- I was so sad Finnick died. :( Freaking A, he & Annie just got back together! And then you have to go and kill him off!
- And then the craziness when they get to the Capitol.....i can't believe Prim died. I think that's what upset me the most. Pretty much every thing Katniss did was to protect her little sister who she loved so much. To have her killed off in the last book seemed really cruel.
- And dear Lord, i completely lost it when the cat came back to District 12 to find Prim...and Katniss breaking down in sobs and the cat sobbing along with her....ugh, my heart!!!
- If i wasn't on the Team Peeta bandwagon before, i definitely was once he came back to District 12 and planted primroses for Katniss. Sigh.
- I was really confused when it came to voting on another Hunger Games & Katniss being for it. I couldn't believe after everything she went through, that she thought another Hunger Games was the answer....!
- BUT it all made sense when she killed Coin. Katniss never wanted another Hunger Games, it was all part of her grand plan.....and I liked it.
- And a big "boo" to Katniss and Prim's mom....it felt like she completely abandoned Katniss after Prim died. Same with Gale, although I can understand his reasoning a little bit more.
Ok, sorry for that long rambling....all in all, I loved every book of the series. I'm sad it's over.
If you've finished the book, leave me your thoughts in the comments!